Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Taters

I thought I'd share a new (to me anyway) way to fix potatoes.
Peel and half long ways, (according to how big) cut the halves in two or into thirds if they are a bigger tater. Making about 2 inch pieces.
Rinsh off a couple times to get rid of some of the starch.
Cover with water and boil until done, (I add salt when it starts to boil) but not soft like you would make mashed.
Drain off the water, add 1-2 tablespoons butter, 2-3 tablespoons sour cream, and about a tablespoon (more if you like) dried parsley flakes (smush in hand to release more flavor before adding).
Let it sit so the butter melts and then, I shake the pan to coat. I have also used a plastic spoon to give them a little stir, but I like to shake them, helps wear off pent up anger.:)
I have to make a ton of these cause hubby LOVES them. He always says I don't make enough.
That makes me feel good, like a big burp after a big meal.
As my beautiful neice says....peace out!

No comments: